Prospective Graduate Students

For incoming students in Fall 2021, GRA and GTA stipend levels for PhD students is $2450/month, and $2350/month for MS students. You may apply for GRAs by contacting faculty members directly. Prior to each semester you will receive an email from the Office of Student Services soliciting requests for GTA positions. Approximately 90% of PhD students are funded by GRA or GTA. The remaining 10% are funded by fellowships or external funding. Approximately 30% of MS students are funded. MS non-thesis students are generally not funded. Topping fellowship opportunities and nominations are periodically solicited by email from the Office of Student Services. Additional information about Graduate Assistantships, fellowships, loans, and off-campus employment options is available at the Office of Graduate Studies site. For more information on demographics, admissions, and time-to-degree for doctoral students in our program, go to Doctoral Student Statistics. Enter the search criteria for mechanical engineering, or nuclear and radiological engineering.