- Ph.D, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2007
- M.S., University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2005
- B.E., National Institute of Technology-Trichy, 2003
- US Air Force Office of Scientific Research (AFOSR) Young Investigator Award, 2013
- National Science Foundation (NSF) CAREER Award, 2013
Texas A&M University
- Texas A&M University Nominee for 2014 Blavatnik Awards for Young Scientists
- Morris E. Foster Faculty Fellow in Mechanical Engineering (Awarded by College of Engineering), 2013
- 2013 Texas A&M ASME Professor Mentorship Award
- Outstanding Advisor Award- Sigma Delta Chapter of Pi Tau Sigma, 2014
- Caterpillar Teaching Excellence Award 2012-2013 (Awarded by College of Engineering)
- Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station Select Young Faculty Award, 2012-2013 (Outstanding Researcher Award)
- Departmental Nominee for the 2012-2013 University Level Montague Center for Teaching Excellence Scholar
- Morris E. Foster Faculty Fellowship, Department of Mechanical Engineering, TAMU, 2010
- Texas A&M University Student Led Award for Teaching Excellence (SLATE), 2009
- Director's Research Fellow, Los Alamos National Laboratory, 2008
- Article selected as cover page in Journal of Fluid Mechanics-Vol. 594, 2008
- Alexander von Humboldt Fellowship for Postdoctoral Research, August 2007 (International Fellowship)
- Best Student Contribution, 16th ANS- Topical Meeting on the Technology of Fusion Energy, September 2004.
- Best Poster Award, International Conference on Advances in Fluid Mechanics, Bangalore, India, July 2003.
- Rajiv Gandhi Research Scholar for year 2002 (Awarded by JNCASR and Dept. of Science and Technology).
McFarland, J. A., Reilly, D., Creel, S., McDonald, C., Finn, T., and Ranjan, D., “Experimental Investigation of Inclined Interface Richtmyer-Meshkov Instability Before and After Reshock,” Experiments in Fluids, Vol. 55, Issue 1, pp 1640 (2014)
Siwatch, V., Lawrence, B., Kuchibhatla, S., Annamalai, K., and Ranjan, D., “Excess air, Schmidt number and NOx formation in laminar jet flames,” Combustion Science and Technology, 2014 (in press)
Akula, B., Andrews, M. J., and Ranjan, D., “Effect of shear on Rayleigh-Taylor mixing at low Atwood number”, Physical Review E, Vol. 87, 033013 (2013)
Eseltine, D., Thanapal, S., Annamalai, K., and Ranjan, D., “Torrefaction of Woody Biomass (Juniper and Mesquite) using inert and non-inert gases,” Fuel, Vol. 113, pp 379-388,2013.
Haehn, N, Ranjan, D., Weber, C., Oakley, J., Rothamer, D., and Bonazza, R., “Reacting Shock Bubble Interaction,” Combustion and Flame, Vol. 153, Issue 3, pp1339-1350 (2012).
Ranjan, D., Oakley, J., and Bonazza, R., “Shock-Bubble Interactions,” Annual Rev. Fluid Mech., 43, pp117-140 (2011)
McFarland, J. A., Greenough, J. A., and Ranjan, D., “Computational parametric study of a Richtmyer-Meshkov instability for an inclined interface,” Physical Review E, Vol. 84, 026303 (2011)
Kurizenga, A., Anderson, M., Fatima, R., Corradini, M., Towne, A., and Ranjan, D., “Heat Transfer of supercritical carbon-dioxide in printed circuit heat exchanger geometries,” Journal of Thermal Science and Engineering Application, Vol.3, September 2011.
Ranjan, D., Niederhaus, J., Oakley, J., Anderson, M., Bonazza, R., and Greenough, J., “Shock-bubble interactions: features of divergent refraction geometry observed in experiments and simulations,” Physics of Fluids, 20, 036101 (2008).
Ranjan, D., Niederhaus, J., Motl, B., Anderson, M., Oakley, J., and Bonazza, R., “Experimental investigation of primary and secondary features in high Mach number shock-bubble interaction,” Physical Review Letters, 98, 024502 (2007).
Ranjan, D., Anderson, M., Oakley, J., and Bonazza, R., “Experimental Investigation of a Strongly Shocked Gas bubble,” Physical Review Letters, 94, 184507 (2005).