Undergraduate Advising Purpose
- Our mission is to support and inspire the development of Woodruff School undergraduate students.
- Our vision is that undergraduate academic advising in the Woodruff School will actively engage students in their educational experience so they can become independent, life-long learners who are innovative and contributing members in their larger community.
Undergraduate Advising Process
- We encourage all students to visit or contact us at any time with questions, concerns or problems.
- We require academic advisement for the following groups of students:
- First-Year Freshman (ME, NRE and UEC): Must attend a group advising session in the fall
- First-Year Freshman (ME and NRE): Must meet with their advisor in the spring to discuss the first-year advising worksheet
- UEC Students: Must meet wtih their advisor each fall to discuss their change of major worksheet
- Students taking ME 2202: Must meet with their advisor to discuss the sophomore advising worksheet
- Probation or Warning Standing: Must meet with their advisor to discuss the academic standing worksheet
- Midterm Advising: Students with multiple midterm U's must meet with their advisor to discuss midterm worksheet
Mechanical, Nuclear and Undeclared Engineering Academic Advisors
- Find an advisor in a different department here.
- All advisors are located in MRDC room 3112. MRDC is building 135 on the campus map.
- We take appointments on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
- Wednesdays are walk-in advising only (no appointments) from 8-12 and 1-4 PM.
Lenna Applebee - Advises ME, NRE and UEC students with a last name starting with A - C.
Schedule an appointment with Lenna.
Laura Tolliver (formerly Dawson) - Advises ME, NRE and UEC students with a last name starting with D - J.
Schedule an appointment with Laura.
Amy Huttenhoff (formerly Strachota) - Advises ME, NRE and UEC students with a last name starting with K - M.
Schedule an appointment with Amy.
Kristi Mehaffey - Advises ME, NRE and UEC students with a last name starting with N - R.
Handles career advising for all ME students (A-Z).
Schedule an appointment with Kristi.
To Be Determined - Advises ME, NRE and UEC students with a last name starting with S - Z. Please use any other advisor for now.