Mechanical Engineering Overview
|See a Parent's Perspective|
Visit Mechanical Engineering
Visit Georgia Tech
Navigate Your Visit
Contact ONE of the people listed below to schedule a meeting to learn more about the Mechanical Engineering Department. Kristi should be your first and primary contact.
- Kristi Mehaffey - Academic Professional - Click here to schedule an appointment with Kristi Mehaffey.
- Al Ferri - Associate Chair for Undergraduate Studies - Click here to send an e-mail to Dr. Ferri to request an appointment.
- Tours last approximately 45 minutes to one hour and include the ME undergraduate lab facilities, robotics lab, sophomore design studios and the Invention Studio. Summer tour times have concluded and will resume in early September. Check back for updates.
- Tours must be requested a minimum of 7 days in advance and must be confirmed for specific dates and times.
- To request a tour, please use the following procedure:
- Send us an e-mail that includes your name, number of attendees, requested date and time, contact information, and reason for the tour.
- After the tour is set up, you will receive an e-mail that confirms your tour. It will take at least 5 business days to receive the confirmation. Requests made less than 7 days in advance usually cannot be accommodated.
- All tours start in the lobby outside of MRDC room 3112. MRDC is building 135 on the campus map.
Students who want to attend a class during Summer Semester 2017 (through July 25) are able to do so in the classes listed below. If you plan to attend a class, be sure you arrive on time, sit through the entire class and do not attend on exam days. Click here for a campus map. MRDC is building 135 on the campus map, Love is building 144, Mason is building 111, Instructional Center (IC) is building 55, IPST is building 129, Sustainable Education (SEB) is building 145, ES&T is building 147, Boggs is building 103, Howey Physics is building 81, Cherry Emerson is building 66, College of Computing is building 50, Smith is building 24 and Klaus is building 153.
- ME 1770 with Dr. Pucha
- Monday and Wednesday from 8-8:50 AM in SEB room 121
- There are no dates to avoid in this class
- Dr. Pucha does not need to know in advance, but please introduce yourself before the start of lecture. You will need to pull in an extra chair from the atrium because all seats in the classroom are full.
- ME 2202 with Dr. Wood
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:05-9:55 AM in IC room 113
- Tests will be given on 9/29, 10/13, 11/3 and 11/13 so do not attend on those dates
- Dr. Wood does not need to know in advance, but please introduce yourself before the start of lecture
- ME 2202 with Dr. Whiteman
- Tuesday and Thursday from 8:00-9:15 AM in Love room 185
- Tests will be given on 9/21 and 11/9 so do not attend on those dates
- Dr. Whiteman does not need to know in advance, but please introduce yourself before the start of lecture
- ME 3322 with Dr. Yee
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 12:20-1:10 PM in IC room 213
- Tests will be given on 9/25, 10/27 and 12/1 so do not attend on those dates
- You do not need to contact Dr. Yee in advance if you plan to attend the class
- ME 3340 with Dr. Hu
- Tuesday and Thursday from 1:30-2:45 PM in Love room 185
- There are no specific dates to avoid, but quizzes are given very often in class and there will be a 30 minute quiz time and discussion on those dates
- Please email Dr. Hu in advance in you please to attend. He also asks hat you introduce yourself at the beginning of class and sit in the front of the classroom.