Mechanical Engineering Overview
|See a Parent's Perspective|
Visit Mechanical Engineering
Visit Georgia Tech
Navigate Your Visit
Contact ONE of the people listed below to schedule a meeting to learn more about the Mechanical Engineering Department. Kristi should be your first and primary contact.
- Kristi Mehaffey - Academic Professional - Click here to schedule an appointment with Kristi Mehaffey.
- Al Ferri - Associate Chair for Undergraduate Studies - Click here to send an e-mail to Dr. Ferri to request an appointment.
- Tours last approximately 45 minutes to one hour and include the ME undergraduate lab facilities, robotics lab, sophomore design studios and the Invention Studio. Tour times for summer 2017 (May 30 - July 27) are as follows:
- Mondays at 4 PM
- Tuesdays at 9 AM, 2 PM or 4 PM
- Wednesdays at 2 PM or 4 PM
- Thursdays at 9 AM, 2 PM or 4 PM
- Fridays at 2 PM or 4 PM
- Weekend tours can sometimes be accommodated.
- Tours must be requested a minimum of 7 days in advance and must be confirmed for specific dates and times.
- To request a tour, please use the following procedure:
- Send us an e-mail that includes your name, number of attendees, requested date and time, contact information, and reason for the tour.
- After the tour is set up, you will receive an e-mail that confirms your tour. It will take at least 5 business days to receive the confirmation. Requests made less than 7 days in advance usually cannot be accommodated.
- All tours start in the lobby outside of MRDC room 3112. MRDC is building 135 on the campus map.
Students who want to attend a class during Summer Semester 2017 (through July 25) are able to do so in the classes listed below. If you plan to attend a class, be sure you arrive on time, sit through the entire class and do not attend on exam days. Click here for a campus map. MRDC is building 135 on the campus map, Love is building 144, Mason is building 111, Instructional Center (IC) is building 55, IPST is building 129, Sustainable Education (SEB) is building 145, ES&T is building 147, Boggs is building 103, Howey Physics is building 81, Cherry Emerson is building 66, College of Computing is building 50, Smith is building 24 and Klaus is building 153.
- ME 1770: Engineering Graphics & Design with Dr. Dorozhkin
- Section A: MW 12:30 - 1:45 PM in SEB room 121
- Section B: MW 2:00 - 3:15 PM in SEB room 121
- Email Dr. Dorozhkin in advance if you plan to attend and introduce yourself at the beginning of class.
- ME 2202: Dynamics with Dr. Leamy
- TR 10:05 - 11:55 AM in MRDC room 2404
- Do not attend on June 6 due to an exam.
- Email Dr. Leamy in advance if you plan to attend.
- ME 3210: Design, Materials & Manufacture with Dr. Colton
- TR 2:30 - 4:25 PM in Love room 185
- Do not attend on May 25, June 6, June 8, June 22 and July 13 due to exams and field trips.
- You do not need to notify Dr. Colton in advance, you can just show up to class.
- COE 2001: Statics with Dr. Whiteman
- MW 8 - 9:15 AM in MRDC room 2404
- Do not attend on June 14 and July 12 28 due to exams.
- You do not need to notify Dr. Whiteman in advance, but be sure to introduce yourself at the start of class.