Mechanical Engineering Overview
|See a Parent's Perspective|
Visit Mechanical Engineering
- Spring ME Information Sessions (Feb. - Apr.)
- Visit with People in ME
- Tours of ME Design and Lab Facilities
- Attend an ME Class
Visit Georgia Tech
Navigate Your Visit
Each year, the ME department offers spring information sessions. These 30 minute sessions will give an overview of the ME department, with a time for Q&A at the end. Spring information sessions will be available in February 2019.
Contact ONE of the people listed below to schedule a meeting to learn more about the Mechanical Engineering Department. Kristi should be your first and primary contact. We will only be able to meet with students on days that we are not having an Information Session.
- Kristi Mehaffey - Academic Professional - Click here to schedule an appointment with Kristi Mehaffey.
- Al Ferri - Associate Chair for Undergraduate Studies - Click here to send an e-mail to Dr. Ferri to request an appointment.
- Tours last approximately 45 - 60 minutes and include the ME undergraduate lab facilities, robotics lab, sophomore design studios and the Invention Studio.
- Tours for summer 2018 semester should be available on most Monday, Wednesday or Friday's at 3 PM through the end of July. Other times can be requested for Monday through Thursday from 9-2, but due to busy summer schedules, dates and times must be individually set-up and cannot be guaranteed.
Students who want to attend a class during Spring Semester 2018 (through April 20) are able to do so in the classes listed below. If you plan to attend a class, be sure you arrive on time, sit through the entire class and do not attend on exam days. Click here for a campus map. MRDC is building 135 on the campus map, Love is building 144, Mason is building 111, Instructional Center (IC) is building 55, IPST is building 129, Sustainable Education (SEB) is building 145, ES&T is building 147, Boggs is building 103, Howey Physics is building 81, Cherry Emerson is building 66, College of Computing is building 50, Smith is building 24 and Klaus is building 153.
- ME 1770 - Creative Decisions & Design with Dr. Dorozhkin
- The class meets on Monday and Wednesday from 12:30 - 1:45 PM in SEB room 121
- Email Dr. Dorozhkin in advance to let him know you will be attending class
- ME 2202 - Dynamics with Dr. Leamy
- The class meets on Tuesday and Thursday from 10:05 - 11:55 AM in MRDC room 2404
- Please do not attend on June 5, June 19, June 21 or June 28
- Dr. Leamy does not need to know in advance, but introduce yourself at the beginning of class
- ME 3210 - Manufacture, Design and Materials with Dr. Vargenberg
- The class meets on Tuesday and Thursday from 2:35 - 4:25 PM in Love room 185
- Please do not attend on June 21 or July 19
- Dr. Varenberg does not need to know in advance