Caroline Genzale Receives SAE International Award
SAE International presented Caroline Genzale, Assistant Professor, with the John Johnson Award for Outstanding Research in Diesel Engines during the SAE 2012 World Congress held in Detroit.
This award, established in 2008, recognizes the authors of an original and outstanding technical paper presented at an SAE International meeting on the subject of diesel engines. The paper is required to be published in SAE International’s journals and address research advancements in diesel engines regarding efficiency and low emissions achieved by innovative experimental and modeling research of the engine, fuel and/or aftertreatment system. The award can also recognize an individual who has demonstrated outstanding leadership in research and development in the field of diesel engines through a singular accomplishment or lifetime achievement.
The award honors Dr. John H. Johnson, a presidential professor with the Department of Mechanical-Engineering Mechanics at Michigan Technological University (MTU) for his lifelong devotion to students, the diesel industry, public service and SAE International.
Those receiving awards included:
- Caroline L. Genzale, Assistant Professor, G.W. Woodruff School of Mechanical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Cherian A. Idicheria, Senior Researcher, General Motors Research and Development Center
- Julien Manin, Post Doctoral Fellow, Sandia National Laboratories
- Mark P.B. Musculus, Principal Member of the Technical Staff, Sandia National Laboratories
- Lyle M. Pickett, Principal Member of the Technical Staff, Sandia National Laboratories
- Dennis L. Siebers, Manager, Sandia National Laboratories