A Message from the School Chair
As we celebrate National Engineers Week, it seems the recent awards received by the Woodruff School faculty members are worth mentioning.
- Dr. Nazanin Bassiri-Gharb was recently honored with the Early Faculty Career Devlopment (CAREER) Award from the National Science Foundation (NSF) ceramics program for her research into the geometric control of flexoelectricity in patterned dielectric thin films.
- Dr. Baratunde Cola received the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) Early Career Award for public engagement with science.
- Dr. Craig Forest was selected by the Georgia Society of Professional Engineer (GSPE) and the 2013 Georgia Engineers Week as the 2013 Engineer of the Year in Education.
While we're mindful to join the celebration of engineers this week, we also look very forward to several school events in the Spring, so as to celebrate engineers every week. Be sure to save the dates for the following:
- Inventure Prize, March 13
- Woodruff Lecture, April 3 - given by Dr. James Truchard, Cofounder, President & CEO of National Instruments
- ME2110 Competition, April 5
- Undergraduate Research Symposium, April 18 - sponsored by Air Products
- Capstone Design Expo, April 25
Look for details on these events and more on our website.
Engineers Week celebrates the positive contributions engineers make to society. We know the faculty and students at the Woodruff School are changing the world. Join us in celebrating their accomplishments and innovation by regularly attending school events and by giving back to the school.
William J. Wepfer
Eugene C. Gwaltney Jr. School Chair